Mean Reversion Profit (MRP) Strategy Review – Martin Carter

HomeForumsRequest ListMean Reversion Profit (MRP) Strategy Review – Martin Carter

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by ReviewTeam ReviewTeam 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ReviewTeam
    ReviewTeam
    Keymaster

Mean Reversion Profit (MRP) Strategy Review – Martin Carter

To The Best Of Our Knowledge This Service Is No Longer Available

Key Info

Publisher:  Thames Publishing
    Cost:  £297 (in 3 monthly instalments of £99 each) with a 45 Day Money back guarantee
    Review Date:  TO BE SCHEDULED

What It Says On The Website

According to the website Martin Carter been trading the financial markets for more than 30 years and the Mean Reversion Profit (MRP) Strategy is, as far as we are aware, his first commercial product.

The system headlines with “If you’ve ever been stopped out, you need to read this…” because with MRP Martin would like to “show you a way that you can win 85% of your trades, in just 5 minutes a day”.

MRP looks to change the way you trade so you “trade like a market maker” and claims:

• You can readily pick up regular profits from the market
    • No longer get stopped out
    • Be free from chart watching and Technical analysis
    • You can trade to your own timetable, in just a few minutes a day

The website then states that the system actually takes 6 – 7 minutes a day and can be traded any time between 09:00 – 16:30 and 18:30 – 21:00. Open trades are left for two days to allow profits to mature and the reason they can be left to mature is because MRP is a “hedging” strategy, the French CAC and the German DAX are traded.

The price of the system includes 6 months access to a member’s area where Martin’s Daily trading signal can be accessed. After this the cost for access is £12.50 a month.

The 45 Day Money back guarantee is backed by Martin’s publisher, Thames Publishing.

Although this product is currently on our Request List until we schedule and complete our review – Do remember, your comments are important – If you have used or decide to use this product, please contribute to the community by reporting back your findings.

Members receive an email every time we post a new review – To make sure you do not miss this one click HERE to register for FREE

Note: Diff Code Europe is Martins latest product – Here is a link to our review

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Members can post and subscribe to threads like this one

And also receive an email every time we post a new review

Click HERE to register for FREE

kermit
    Participant

I tried this for a while without much success. I should say straight away that I didn’t have time to trade every day so trading was very intermittent. It was over a year ago so I don’t remember all the details, but I’m sure I got a discount to the price and free access for 1 year. I don’t know what they are offering at the moment.

I’ve always been interested in arbitrage methods hence my attempt at MRP. The website run by Mark Rose (who markets this, so expect it to have very positive comments) http://www.tradersbulletin.co.uk also has users comments on this strategy; these seem quite honest comments, and you can get a spreadsheet with Mark/Martins winners and losers, but I never managed to match their results. In any case the winners didn’t always seem to follow the rules. (Admin please delete the link if it’s against your policy – I didn’t see anything).That is not too surprising as there is no well defined entry point. Basically you log in to Martin’s site and you are given the instructions for the day. Buy one, sell the other. Sometimes there are ‘no-trade’ days.

Martin takes support seriously, and gave quick replies to emails so I had no complaints on that score.

The lack of definitive entry and exit points was not really to my liking. The trades were supposed to be left for at least 48 hrs so some big swings could occur. Sometimes I took profits earlier. In addition, there was no good way to put stops on (without them being ridiculously large – although I believe this may have changed in the latest version) so that left me feeling a bit uncomfortable at times.

I found that I had some big wins and big losses (in terms of points gained/lost). Overall, after about a year and sixty odd trades, I near enough broke even – not including the cost of the service. I never had a big drawdown because my first attempts were winners which covered my bank. The results gradually became more hit and miss. Because I couldn’t trade every day, I was reluctant to send it back after the trial period, so I could still get access to the signals.

I’m not sure, but I suspect this strategy might work best in a strongly trending market. I don’t regret initially buying MRP as it was an interesting idea and did make me think of ways of trying to improve it, but I didn’t renew after a year. The hedging logic is clear, but I don’t really like putting on trades at random. At least, that’s what it felt like sometimes.

I am curious as to how the reviewers will get on with this strategy. I think some things (stops, timing of exit) may have changed, which could result in an improvement. I think that it will be hard to compare with Martin’s results since the timings are so open.

ReviewTeam
    ReviewTeam
    Keymaster

Hi kermit,

Thank you very much for what seems like a very reasoned overview of your 12 months experience with this strategy. We are awaiting a new print version (we guess these are the changes you refer to) in order to conduct our review and we will publish after we have a couple of months trading results to refer to.

ReviewTeam
    ReviewTeam
    Keymaster

Our review of Martins new strategy, Diff Code Europe, can be found HERE, all comments welcome

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.