Diff Code Europe Review – Martin Carter

HomeForumsReviewsNon-Forex Trading System ReviewsDiff Code Europe Review – Martin Carter

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  segovia 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 6 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    ReviewTeam
    ReviewTeam
    Keymaster

Our results for December were previously confirmed as follows.

We started on 9-Dec-2014 and traded over the holiday period (Martin did warn that it could be volatile but did not advise not to trade, so in the interests of getting the review done, we did) and we are reporting based on a £10,000 account and 2.5% risk per trade.

7 trades taken, 2 winners and 5 losers.

Starting bank balance = £10,000
    Account balance at the end of December = £9,559.26
    Loss for the period = -4.4%

In January we took an additional 17 trades (9 winners and 8 losers) and the final position on our £10,000 account based on 2.5% risk per trade (including Decembers trades) is as follows:

24 trades, 11 winners and 13 losers
    Account balance at the end of January (after just under 2 months exposure) = £9,128.58
    Loss for the period = -8.6%

As we missed the 65%+ strike rate required for this strategy to be successful (our strike rate was less than 50%) we obviously made a loss.

Sadly we see this as a rehash of previously (at least 2) failed attempts to provide a strategy for home traders to successfully trade the differential between the CAC/DAX indices.

We won’t go as far to say we “are furious that so-called ‘experts’ are actively encouraging home traders to take crazy gambles with their money” but we will now cease coverage and do welcome comment from others still giving this the benefit of the doubt.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by ReviewTeam ReviewTeam.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by ReviewTeam ReviewTeam.

Members can post and subscribe to threads like this one

And also receive an email every time we post a new review

Click HERE to register for FREE

aptman2
    Participant

The one thing that would give me assurance that this is a good system, would be for Martin to state the exact times he places trades! And also follows that up with full recorded details on a daily basis, as and when trades finalise. Anything less leaves one questioning the real performance of the system?

spindrift
    Participant

The oil version of Diff Code was released at the beginning of July 2014, and I purchased and started using it at the end of August. I haven’t got the Europe version, but, from your description, the methodology sounds the same. On oil, the results are definitely “streaky”, with my monthly returns from August 2014, based on risking 5% of a £2000 static bank, as follows: +£49.95 (08/14 – 1 trade), +£220.66 (09/14 – 13), -£75.21 (10/14 – 16), -£13.88 (11/14 – 8), +£294.01 (12/14 – 13), +£523.56 (01/15 – 12).

As you and others have mentioned, the drawbacks are the 2:1 risk/reward ratio and the fact that the time the trade is entered can mean the difference between winning and losing. Regarding the second of these, I have been experimenting with using limit orders based on the price initially moving, against the signalled direction, to a level determined either by the daily open, or a level derived from the daily pivot group (i.e. the pivot or 50% of the distance between one of the pivot levels).

I haven’t been very scientific about my experimentation and can’t give a comparison of results, but my feeling is that I have been doing better than the standard method. I have found it hard to come up with an objective set of rules but I would say, for example when the signal is green,
    1) if the price is below the daily open, take a market buy
    2) otherwise set a buy limit order at the first available level below the price (i.e. the daily open or a level based on the daily pivot group (pivot, s1, s2, r1, r2 or lines 50% between these).
    3) Limit orders set to expire at 15:00 on the same day (as the oil differential seems often to reverse just before that time).

A bit subjective, but it does mean getting in at a better price the majority of occasions.

Rollerman
    Participant

I have been using Diff code Oil for 6 months and Diff code Europe for 3 months. I have found them both profitable and would recommend them as an easy way to trade. If Martin does the same on another instrument I would try it too.

ReviewTeam
    ReviewTeam
    Keymaster

aptman2 – We tend to agree, an ideal time, 07:30, for example and all results as of that time would be useful.

spindrift – Interesting and intuitive – A pity you have to “tweak” a system that is supposedly so simple anyone who has never traded before can easily trade and make money from the markets.

Rollerman – Fair play to you, we had a differing experience, not only with this but with 2 of his previous strategies – Perhaps a EUR/CHF strategy will be next, maybe Gold/Silver 🙂

Thanks all for the feedback, it will for sure be useful to others.

Members can post and subscribe to threads like this one

And also receive an email every time we post a new review

Click HERE to register for FREE

Viewing 5 posts - 6 through 10 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.