3 Ducks 1 On 1 Training Course Review (revised in 2013)

HomeForumsReviewsForex Trading System Reviews3 Ducks 1 On 1 Training Course Review (revised in 2013)

This topic contains 30 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Sharp_80 2 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    ReviewTeam
    ReviewTeam
    Keymaster

3 Ducks 1 On 1 Training Course Review (revised in 2013)

Click below to visit the website

Key Info

Publisher:  Andy Perry (aka Captain Currency)
    Cost:  299 Euro
    Review Date:  September 2013

What It Says On The Website

The 3 Ducks is a free Forex trading strategy provided by Andy Perry who has been successfully trading his own funds in the Currency markets since 2001. We reviewed the original 3 Ducks free eBook back in 2009.

In 2009 after requests from users around the world Andy formalised an intensive 1 on 1 version of the 3 Ducks all performed via Skype or phone. This course, The Advanced 3 Ducks 1 on 1 Training Course was been revised in 2013 and this is our most up to date review.

On the website Andy states that “When a trader tells me they want to get serious about their trading I’m always delighted to sit down with them and show’em the Advanced 3 Ducks approach I use daily to help me trade for a living”.

As we can expect from this respected author, no “hard sell” or false promises on the website, just a description of the deliverables.

The Material & The Course

The new course is slightly different to the previous version in that it is a video and 1 on 1 course. After purchase a 13 page PDF is provided, which in turn provides access to the video content.

The PDF provides a background on Andy, the 3 Ducks Trading Strategy and the course. As you work through the PDF you are asked to click a link to secure video content which is made up as follows:

• Introduction
    • 1st Duck (4 Hour – Filter process)
    • 2nd Duck (1 Hour – Price confirmation)
    • 3rd Duck (Entry – 1 Hour/5 Minute)
    • A Non-conforming Duck
    • Trade Criteria
    • Entries, Stops & Targets
    • Trade Management
    • Applying The Approach

All in all about 45 minutes of well presented video content. The animation is slick, Andy’s voice is not boring and the subject matter is very well conveyed, we do not remember having to pause or repeat any of the core video content.

The extra’s section contains 12 videos, about 30 minutes length in total. These “extra’s” cover different real world trade scenario’s, Entry options and the Top 3 identification process. They are a most useful addition to the core videos and good to have as a reference point as and when required.

Once the video content has been absorbed there is then the 1 on 1 “Classroom” Call. This involves a 1 hour Skype or landline session with Andy where he shares his trading screen with you. Step 1 covers the Top 3 scan in the live markets and the application of the full strategy based on your interactive Top 3 scan analysis. Step 2 is a concluding Q&A session where any of your questions in relation to the strategy are discussed and clarified, again reference can be made to the live markets.

All those who take the course also get a weekly newsletter where Andy provides his high level analysis of the markets he covers.

As a bonus a useful little “mini trading plan” is also included.

Can It Work

In our opinion, a much improved version of The Advanced 3 Ducks 1 on 1 Training Course. We say this because rather than relying completely on memory (from the 1 On 1 session) one can (and should) watch all the videos in advance of the 1 hour 1 on 1 session and then, as and when required, refer back to them at a later date.

For those that like/enjoy/use the free 3 Ducks Strategy, this is a very reasonably priced addition to that education, here is the link once again.

Support

Usually within 24 hours.

Do remember, your comments are important – If you have used or decide to use this system, please contribute to the community by reporting back your findings.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Members can post and subscribe to threads like this one

And also receive an email every time we post a new review

Click HERE to register for FREE

Forex trader
    Participant

The 3 Ducks Advanced trading course has become an essential component in my Forex trading library.

I have long been an admirer and staunch advocate of the original 3 ducks trading e book and system.So you can imagine my delight when I discovered that an ‘Advanced’ version of the 3 Ducks system was available for purchase.

I was intrigued to find out if the 3 Ducks trading system could possibly be improved.Being an inveterate cynic I was initially reluctant to purchase the ‘Advanced 3 Ducks ‘ system for fear that it would simply be a rehash of the original trading e book .

As soon as I purchased the course I realised that my initial reservation was completely unwarranted .

The course has taken over a year in it’s creation and the time , effort and dedication to the project shows.I was delighted to discover that the course benefits from a similar clarity,simplicity and effectiveness of the original 3 Ducks e book but it has taken the material on to a higher level.It answers some questions that I had not even considered asking.

The Advanced 3 Ducks Course proved to be so effective, that it paid for itself within two trades after my purchase.

Andy [the creator of both the original 3 Ducks e book and Advanced trading course] has polished an already very bright diamond.

The course benefits from an informative 13 page pdf [which contains material that is not to be found in the original e book] but also from a superb collection of video based lessons.The video content of the course manages to educate ,inform and entertain simultaneously – no easy task ! The presentation is clear,concise and remarkably jargon free. The videos are effective because they are concise without being superficial – easy to digest without being turgid.

I hope that I have created the impression that I am a confirmed fan of the Advanced 3 Ducks course.It has enabled me to enter Forex trades with a greater sense of security and a conviction reassured by the conviction that many of the trading tips that I have discovered through the course will keep me out of trades that were previously doomed to fail .

Am I pleased that I have purchased the course – my answer would have to be a resounding yes. Would I recommend the course – the answer would be an even louder

YES .

orange
    orange
    Participant

Totally agree with the Reviewteam review – Having taken the previous course I can say this is much improved in that the videos are there for me to access and refer back to any time I need to – Thanks for the review and thanks to the Captain too for a great course 🙂

druej
    Participant

I’ve only been trading forex for 6 months so after trying out numerous complex systems I one day stumbled across the 3 ducks. If you’re new to trading I strongly recommend it, as it’s very straight forward and logical. I found it very easy to follow.

After using my own approach to the original three ducks for about 2 months, my balance was still at break even. When I heard about Andy’s advanced approach I thought I’d give it a try.

The videos and written PDF’s are very easy to understand, even for a newbie like me. I especially like the fact that you can stream the videos in HD and they stretch to fit even the biggest of monitors. I’m a bit of a geek like that.

Anyway, after nearly three weeks of using the advanced three ducks I’m now up on my account balance by 5% and it’s the first time I’ve been in profit since I started trading a live account. I’m really happy with this result.

The video call was like the cherry on the cake. I’ve got a firm grasp on how to implement the system, but Andy took me through the live market and this helped establish my confidence even further. I asked Andy about 15 different questions mostly related to trading, but also about the psychology of trading and he answered everything in a friendly manner. I got the feeling that there’s no such thing as a dumb question, when I was speaking with him.

As a teacher myself I know what qualities you need to excel at your job. Excellent communication skills, patience, and years of practical experience. I feel Andy has all these traits.

I can’t recommend the course highly enough,

Drue.

Forex trader
    Participant

1 on 1 ‘Classroom Call’ Review.

Whilst I was engaged in a 1 on 1 classroom call with Andy[Captain Currency] a wry smile formed on my face .It was like being engaged in a Forex version of ‘Who Wants to be a millionaire .Andy readily assumes the guise of friendly mentor [the phase ‘phone a friend’ readily springs to mind].

I had eagerly been anticipating this call.I made sure that my friends had been informed in no uncertain terms that they were not to phone me at the appointed time that Andy was to call me.Since I am something of a technophobe and I did not utilize the Skype format that was on offer – I took advantage of a call on my land line [which Andy in his characteristically generous fashion paid for – fortunately I live in London and not some remote region].

At 9.30 am , my session promptly began. I must admit that I was initially nervous at the prospect of talking to a stranger about Forex,but Andy immediately put me at ease.My fear of being tongue tied for an hour thankfully disappeared.

I was fascinated as Andy explained and examined with relentless efficiency the fundamental and integral aspects of the Advanced 3 Ducks Trading System. The hour flew by as Andy demonstrated how to identify the strongest trading pairs for the day.I was enthralled as I in turn contributed to the lesson and helped to identify potential entry points and currency pairs to focus on.

Andy sagely and with great patience answered a myriad of question that I had.I can honestly say that I have spent over five years wrestling with this at times entertaining,infuriating but always fascinating world of Forex – but I have never been in a situation before where I metaphorically experienced a succession of ‘ light bulb ‘ moments.

One of the most enjoyable parts of the call was where Andy answered three questions which I had previously e mailed him.]At the time I thought this was a testimony of how thorough Andy is that he wanted to be prepared for the questions before the call took place.

The 1 on 1 call provided more than I had hoped for .It was entertaining , informative and stimulating – I wish all my calls could be like that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.